The most-awaited cricket tournament, Asia Cup 2022 is setting off on August 27. The Indian cricket team is expected to roll up their sleeves to rail out their arch-rivals, Pakistan in the upcoming cricket matches. In the forthcoming cricket event, India will begin their cricket campaign by playing against Pakistan on August 28.
Under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma, it would be intriguing to watch the battle between India and Pakistan in Asia Cup News 2022. After the ardent batter, Virat Kohli stepped down from the captaincy, this would probably be the first time that Rohit Sharma will lead the mega event. Notably, the selection committee has released the squad for the continental tournament.
With the release of the schedule, India is set to start their cricket campaign with a Group B match against Pakistan on August 28. Tracking back the record of the Indian team in the Asia Cup, they have lifted the cup 7 times, followed by Sri Lanka and Pakistan at 5 & 2 respectively.
In all the Asia Cups hosted so far, India and Pakistan have faced each other 15 times, where India won 9 matches while Pakistan stands at winning 5 matches and 1 match with no result announced.
Since the arch-rivals India & Pakistan are locking horns, cricket enthusiasts are already anticipating the outcome of the event. Let’s have a look at the top factors that would ascertain India’s win in the tournament.
Why Will India Stand Tough Against Pakistan?
Though India has won the most Asia Cup titles, will it retain the dignity of the nation in its UAE tour? Here are the following factors that you must look at to know if India will win or not:
1. Rohit Sharma Leading the Team
After Rohit Sharma took over the charge of captaincy from Virat Kohli, team India hasn’t kneeled down much in either cricket format. His batting and leadership skills have been fortunate enough for the men in blue to win by hook or crook.
Sharma has welcomed and extended his support to many young talents to encourage victory in Indian cricket. Amidst the latest bilateral clashes of India against England and West Indies, they came in to play 3 match ODI series and two T20I series with 3 & 5 matches.
However, in the ODI series against West Indies, Rohit Sharma didn’t lead the team but stupendous batter Shikhar Dhawan led it as a stand-in skipper. So, it is sure that Sharma’s captaincy would amp up the motivation among the players to win their first match on August 28.
2. A Powerful Duo of Arshdeep and Bhuvneshwar
As a cricket fan, you will be cheerful to know that India is heading on the pitch with a lethal pace bowling pair, Arshdeep Singh and Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Both the bowlers are potent enough to trouble the opponent batters at any turn in the match and are considered power play over and death over specialists.
Featuring the forte for delivering the furious yorker, Arshdeep savagely bowls out the batters. Bhuvneshwar is known for swinging the white leather both ways, frightening the opponents’ to bow their heads down. The fierce combination of the Arsh and Bhuvi will surely define the win in the matches of the Asia Cup 2022.
If both the bowlers showcase their power play spell in the beginning, it would help the Indian squad to take the wickets of top opponent batters Babar Azam and wicketkeeper batter Mohammed Rizwan.
3. Winning Pace
Since India has performed quite well in Asia Cup history, it is important to have a thorough lookout at their current performance and winning to conclude the winning probability.
The analysis of the team’s momentum lets them play with high motivation and this would majorly impact their performance in the continental tournament. In the recent performances against England and West Indies, India has been pacing smoothly. Out of 8 matches against these nations, Indian bagged 6 titles, losing 2. India came out as a win with good margins.
Big Predictions About Upcoming Asia Cup
- Although all the teams have stupefying players, the former Indian team captain Virat Kohli is predicted to own the game. Since it’s been long for him to score in either cricket format, he can come back with rhythm and form, becoming the highest run-getter.
- Not only do the batters own the match but the bowlers also tweak the cricket match with their techniques and googly throws. In the upcoming cricket tournament, India and Pakistan have the most lethal bowlers. From India and Pakistan squad, Jasprit Bumrah and Shaheen Afridi are predicted to battle against each other for taking the highest wicket in the tournament.
Owning to swing the ball both ways, Shaheen Afridi can surpass Bumrah to take the honours of being the highest wicket-taker.
- Without observing the performances in the cricket matches, it is a bit tough to predict the player of the tournament. According to some predictions in cricket news, the all-rounder player Hardik Pandya is expected to grab the limelight. Pandya is considered based on his capabilities to swing the bat to the ball to score high for his team.
- Coming down to predicting the champions of the tournament, indeed, India is certain to win the Asia Cup battle. With terrific players and in-depth skills in the team, India can come home, clinching their 8th Asia Cup title under the leadership of Rohit Sharma.
Well, you must be wondering about the winning team, a man of the match, highest wicket-taker or scorer in Asia Cup 2022. Both the cricket rivals India and Pakistan have robust players in the squad, it is tedious to conclude anything. There are some factors, such as Sharma’s Captaincy, impactful bowlers’ duo, and winning momentum that may contribute to India’s victory.