Interesting Facts & Statistical Figures of Ind vs Pak Game-plays
The rivalry of India vs Pakistan match draws the eyes of the fans from across the globe. Fixtures between both nations get the most viewership than any other matches. Since, it is the fixture in the prestigious T20 World Cup 2022 tournament, the squads will be squaring off against each other in today’s match, October 23, 2022,
To work out a bilateral series, there have been multiple obstructions. Lately, the Australian pitches have served as a more effective playground for both the sides. India and Pakistan will kick-start their World Cup campaign today in Melbourne.
The boasting of the matches between the two is always on line and with that said, we have entailed some intriguing facts about the Ind vs Pak rivalry.
Stats and Trivia of Ind vs Pak Matches
In the high-octane clashes, there have been many glorious moments for both teams, let’s have a look at some:
- To date, India is the only team to win 5 matches, out of 6 conducted against Pakistan in the T20 World Cup history.
- Pakistan holds the next best T20 World Cup record, getting a victory in 4 out of 7 contests in the year 2016 and 2021. Pakistan had lost the two matches against England in 2009 and 2010.
- India has a record of wins against Pakistan, including 1 tied match, won via a bowl out on September 14, 2007 at Durban.
- In terms of picking 8 wickets of Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) in 2012, is still considered the best triumph in the T20 World Cup.
- Just in the 4th outing against Pakistan, Virat Kohli got a dismissal against Pakistan in T20 World Cup matches, with the overall tally of 226 in 4 innings played. It included 3 fifties at an average of 226.
- In the rivalry against Pakistan in T20 WC, Kohli holds the record as 78* at Colombo in 2012, 36* at Mirpur in 2014, 55* at Kolkata in 2016, and 57 at Dubai in 2021.
The supreme rivalry of Ind vs Pak in the T20 WC will be conducted today. To know the best innings and the terrific performances of the players, stay tuned with CBTF Speed News!