In the first rivalry between India and Pakistan on August 28, 2022, Indian cricket champs bowled out the men in green at 147/9 in Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
After getting through the multiple stages of the cricket tournament, both teams will lock horns against each other once again in the Super 4 stage of the Asia cup 2022 on September 4.
In the second game of the cricket league, India defended the match by 40 runs against Hong Kong, becoming the first team of the league from Group A to qualify for the Super 4 stage.
Contrarily, Pakistan outpaced Hong Kong in their second game, marking a significant win by 155 runs to step into the Super 4 stage. Consequently, India and Pakistan will be vying with each other again on the ground of Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
First Match Preview of Ind vs Pak Match
- In the first face-off, India won the match against Pakistan by 5 wickets, where Hardik Pandya sealed the last over thriller, favouring the win for India.
- Pandya took 3 wickets and scored 33 off 17 balls while Ravindra Jadeja and Virat Kohli contributed 35 runs each with the bat.
- Chasing 148, the Indian squad had a rough start. In the first match debut, Naseem Shah knocked out KL Rahul in the very first over. Meanwhile, he could bag the wicket of Virat Kohli as well but Kohli stood tough against him.
- Skipper Rohit Sharma came up for the run association with Kohli and yet the duo couldn’t give out the remarkable numbers on the field but made their own contribution to India’s victory.
- Like the duo of Kohli and Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja didn’t stretch the scores to be much impressive. Naseem Shah castled Kumar at just 18, leaving India at 89 in the 15th over.
- Babar Azam from the Pak team showed some brilliant shots, hitting two fours but he left the pitch early scoring just 10 in the 3rd over.
- Avesh Khan stumped Fakhar Zaman before the end of the powerplay, followed by a 45-run stand between the association of Iftikhar Ahmed and Mohammad Rizwan.
- Pandya’s bowling delivery dismissed Iftikhar, restricting him at 28. In the final few overs, Pakistan had no hold to save their wickets and was 9 down at 128. It didn’t seem that they would stretch it hit 147 but Haris Rauf and Shahnawaz Dahani played a couple of wonderful cameos to manage to set the benchmark of 147.
In a press conference on Saturday, September 3, 2022, Rahul stated about the last Ind vs Pak match, ‘I agree that they bowled pretty well in the last match. But we also did restrict them to 147. We may see that few of them bowled at 145 or 147 kmph but at the end of the day, bowling analysis is the most important thing. You are judged by the results. The bowling analysis of our bowlers was also pretty good. Our batters like Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have scored heavily against Pakistan in big tournaments and matches.’
For cricket news and the latest cricket updates, stay tuned with CBTF news!