At Al Bayt Stadium, both the teams failed to break down each other in the FIFA World Cup 2022. For the Group F campaign, 2018 runners-up, Croatia made a poor start against the resolute Morocco and the match ended in a draw with 0-0 on the scoreboard.
Within 24 hrs, it was the 3rd match that went without securing a goal and ended in a draw. Both the teams were on the top to defend their sides. Out of 4 matches, 3 ended in 0-0 which are more goalless draws than there were in the last 73 matches combinedly in the competition.
Despite the best efforts, the teams could only attempt on target in the match. After today’s match, Morocco have shown their potential to be a tough side to compete with and have been defeated in 2 of 41 matches in a 3-year spell. On the contrary, Croatia pushed their unbeaten run to 7 games in a game that won’t be remembered anymore.
Here are the biggest moments of today’s match:
- At 17 min. – Ivan Perisic flicked a shot from distance that went over the bar.
- At 18 min. – Youssef En-Nesyri met Hakim Ziyech’s cross but he missed his header.
- At 45 min.- Bono denied Nikola Vlasic from a distant range to have the best chance in the game.
- At 45 min +1: Luka flared up the ball over the crossbar from the edge of the box.
- At 52 min. – Sofiane Boufal attempted to score but Dejan Lovren blocked it who survived appeals for handball.
To get live scores of the upcoming matches, stay tuned with CBTF Speed News!